Thursday, December 2, 2010

Homemade Playdough

From:  http://www.howdoesshe.blogspot.com/

It is SO easy to make and SO much better than the stuff you buy at the store.


This recipe makes the softest, sqUISHiest, longest lasting play dough…EVER!

You can make your kids’ favorite colors and package them in these perfect little containers to throw in your kids’ stockings.






Where did I get these perfect little containers? Let me show you…

After I put the playdough in the container, I thought it looked a little plain. I wanted to add a little circle something to the top of the lid. I sat down to my computer to design something and then I thought, “Am I crazy! There is stuff like this on ishare all the time!” I hopped over there and found these adorable circles that fit PERFECTLY to the top.
Before you go thinking that this playdough can’t possibly be that good, make some. You will see. Every time I make it I can’t put it down.
Squishiest Playdough Recipe

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 Tbls. vegetable oil
food coloring (I used 4 drops)

Just dump all the ingredients into your pot and give them a good stir. Enlist some small help if possible – they will think you are magic.

Put your pot on the stove and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it forms into a ball.

As soon as it joins into one big glob, take it off the heat and dump it onto your counter or some wax paper. Wait for it to cool, then knead it a few times until it is nice and soft. This is where you have to use a little self control to let the kids have a turn too.:)

This would make a perfect gift for any kid – not just for Christmas, I’m thinking birthdays, party favors, gifts for the classroom kids, cousins, neighbors, anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment