Friday, September 17, 2010

4 Easy Steps to Prepare Your Photos for Web Viewing

Have ever finished editing a photo, looked at it and thought “This looks so awesome! I’m in awe of my mad Photoshop skillz!” only to be ridiculously deflated after you upload it to your blog or favorite forum? Yeah. Been there done that… a lot! Ok, well maybe not the whole gloating over my mad Photoshop skillz part! But definitely I’ve disappointed at the lack of zing in my photos.

I think there’s something hidden deep inside the internet insides that loves to zap all the zing out of photos when they’re uploading. Did you know there’s something you can do about it? You did? Well, that’s fantastic! I think I must have been living under a rock all this time, because I just now figured this out. :) So, in case there’s any more of you out there like me, wondering why your photos don’t look as great on the web as they do on your desktop, here is the solution!

It is so super easy to do, and you can do it in Photoshop and Elements!

Step One – First, complete the edits you’d like to your photo. Then resize your photo to the size you’d like for your blog or forum, ect.

Step Two – Next, click on File > Save for Web & Devices (for Photoshop) or File > Save for Web (for Elements).

Step Three (Photoshop) – Now you should have a box that looks like this in Photoshop. By default, it should be set to Optimized. That’s where I leave it. Next, make sure you have JPEG selected, then click on Save.



Step Three (Elements) – This is what the box will look like in Elements. By default, it has GIF selected, so just click on the drop-down menu and select JPEG. Just under that menu, you’ll find the Quality setting. I set that to Maximum and it automatically sets it to 100. Now click on OK.



Step Four – Next, name your file and save it to the location you’d like on your computer.

That’s it! Now you can upload your photos to the web and they’ll look just as they did on your desktop!

No comments:

Post a Comment