Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pin the Candle on the Cupcake

Pin the tail on the Donkey...a classic party game.

Here are the details:

• It's made out of felt and some jumbo rick rack trim.
• I made 10 candles and used a 2 inch strip of no sew sticky velcro on the backs.
• The polka dots I drew freehand on freezer paper that were stenciled in with tulip soft fabric paint and the colors came in a pack called retro. You had me at retro. The purple and yellow paint were bought seperately.
• I still have to figure out a way to hang it up because the packaging tape I used here just isn't going to cut it come party time. I thought about making a pocket at the top and using a dowel and ribbon. Or maybe grommets? I'm just not sure how well they work in felt. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment