Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valentine Frames


Items You will Need:

Dollar Store Frames
E6000 Glue
Bag of marble accent marbles
Scrapbook paper


And the great thing is that you can take out the Valentine XOXO and store them, and then use the Dollar Tree frames again for a different project.


I also used a large black frame that I had and made a large heart for my mantle.

I was going to decoupage the frame, but discovered that I only have the shiny Mod Podge, so I will do that later.

I love that it is a very inexpensive project. I used frames I already had, plus one bag of floral marbles ($1.50), scrapbbook paper I already had and E6000.

This is what I did:





Took the pictures out of my Dollar Tree frames and traced the outline on my scrapbook paper.





Found a cup that was the right size for the O's and traced around it on two of the papers. Found the center on the other two papers and used a ruler to make an X.




Then I put a followed the outline on the X's and O's with a line of E6000 craft glue. I then put a line of marbles on the glue. Then I made another line on each of the X's and O's and put another line of marbles. And let them sit overnight to dry.


For the large heart, I cut out the scrapbook paper to fit inside the heart. Then I cut out another sheet of paper the same size using leftover paper (you will not keep this part so you could use plain copy paper). I folded that extra paper in half and then cut out a heart that was a little smaller than the paper. Then I traced that heart on the paper that goes inside the frame -- using pencil. After that I put a bunch of the E6000 inside the heart outline and then filled it in with marbles. And I let it sit overnight to dry.





The next day I put the paper inside of the frames. The glass that comes with the frames I put behind the paper with the marbles on it. This way I won't lose the glass if I want to use it again with the frame for another project.


I like the size of the glass marbles and the way they sparkle in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment