Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mothers Day

For starters, I used the Mother's Day mini cartridge to make this layout and gorgeous papers from Anna Griffin's Isabelle line and Core'dinations cardstock.

I cut the background doily at 11" and backed it with Coredinations cardstock. To ensure a clean cut, I cut it using a speed of 2 (2 bars). It took about 10 minutes at this speed but there were no tears at all! With intricate cuts, it's always a good idea to slow down the speed.


The frame is cut at 7" two times to make a contrasting center. To cut this using a photo, you could use the centerpoint function to get the part of the picture you want within the frame. Or another choice would be to just cut the photo slightly larger than the frame and adhere it.





The word art, "Happy Mother's Day" was cut at 4" in both base and shadow features. I definitely needed my Tweezer Bee tweezers and Scotch Quick Dry Glue as the base was very delicate, even at 4".

No comments:

Post a Comment