Friday, April 9, 2010

Photo Tiles

4x4 Tumbled Tiles
Tissue Paper
Modge Podge
Tape
4x4 cork
Foam Brush
Permanent Glue
Clear Acrylic Sealer

They shouldn't if you seal them with enough coats. I applied a layer of ModPodge over my pictures and then sealed the whole top of the tile with Crystal Clear Enamel Spray twice. I've heard Acrylic sealer works as well. The mod podge with the spray worked best for me.


Melody Steiner
Fri Oct 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM

My ink keeping running when I apply the mod podge on top of the photo. I am using a b&w photo, printed out on fast normal and let it dry several hours. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Donna
Wed Nov 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I am also having a problem with the ink running when i apply the mod podge I am using an inkjet printer and I let the photos dry for a couple of days. The other problem i am having is when i use a foam brush the foam seems to be giving the mod podge a purple tint. Ive tried several different foam brushes.

Heather
Mon Nov 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Check and make sure you are not using the shiny side of the tissue paper, maybe use only black and white ink that is waterproof. Hope this helps.

Cathy Sue
Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 6:03 AM

I've been making a lot of coasters like this. It's best to make photo copies of your images - I do it at Kinkos. I can fit six 4" x 4" images on a 8 1/2 x 14 page (same price as 8 1/2 x 11). I use the mod podge to stick the image & seal it - Then I brush on a few coats of polyurethane - water based is easier to clean up & less toxic. (you can also use use spray). I've found the coasters hold up pretty well to heat from hot cup but nothing hotter - like a hot pot off the stove. Happy coastering!

Laurie
Tue Dec 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Hi! would like to know how to keep the picture from getting wrinkles in it.
To help prevent wrinkles, only apply a light coat of mod podge before you put your picture on the tile; Then let the picture dry completely before you add the layer of mod podge over the picture.


Melody
Fri Dec 11, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Would this technique work with a standard photo?

Wendi
Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I have printed pictures on regular copy paper on a ink jet printer and they turned out BEAUTIFUL! I use the little bathroom tiles 2x2 and make magnets. The key with paper and the ink jet printer is to spray the picture with acrylic sealer after it dries BEFORE you put it on the tiles. I print out all of the pictures on a 8.5 x 11 page and let it dry for an hour. I then spray a light coat of sealer over the page. Not too close - you don't want spots.



Then cut, modge podge, add a magnet to the back and Whalla - you have personal magnets for the Fridge.



Happy Holidays!

Kristi
Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I have done both black & white and color. I always have success with b/w. I have found that when I do color it runs when the picture is printed on the 'glossy' side. I have total success when I print on the 'dull side' of the tissue paper. Remember to let the picture dry completely or else the colors will run! Hope that helps!

Kimberly
Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 3:38 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment