Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wedding Photo Centerpeice

I had my sweet hubby cut blocks for me. Then I painted them 2 coats of "linen". 

While the paint dried........I printed out and cut down some pics from their engagement photo shoot. Then, I used some "Aleene's Tacky Glue" (super cheap!) to stick the pics down. Regular glue or Mod Podge probably wouldn't work since the pics are thick.

On mine, I added some vinyl words to one side of each block to personalize them for the happy couple. You can also use stickers or rub-ons to add words to get a similar look.

Be sure to wait plenty of time to let the glue dry and then spray with a clear finishing spray or apply a few coats of Mod Podge.


BE SURE TO WAIT AT LEAST A WEEK BEFORE STACKING THESE OR THEY WILL STICK TOGETHER.........the finish needs time to cure. You don't want to spend all that time making these cute blocks only to have them stick together and rip your photos off.

No comments:

Post a Comment