Thursday, March 11, 2010
• burlap, cut in a square--mine is around 2 1/2 feet
• craft paint and foam brush
• painters tape
• ribbon--I used 7/8 inch
• heat 'n bond
• Paint as you did before:
• After the paint has dried, remove the tape.
• Following package directions, apply heat 'n bond to the ribbon--paper side up. Do one side at a time--planning ahead which ribbon you want to be on top of the other (overlapping on the corners).
• Print a template for the initial you need. I used the Century Gothic font, sized to 400. Trace your template on to the felt. Since the felt is the same on each side, it doesn't matter if you trace your letters on backwards or forwards. However, I prefer to trace mine backwards, so there is no evidence of my pencil on the front side when I cut it out. It's much harder to get rid of pencil lines on felt than other fabrics. Cut your letters out.