Thursday, March 11, 2010

Personalized Treat Containers

I was at Target (my favorite store--I could live there) when I had an epiphany. I was buying all new Gladware (LOVE that stuff!), and pondering all my options, when I suddenly knew exactly what I could do with them. Even better? The holiday version with the red lids was perfect for what I had in mind.

I love to give treats to my friends/neighbors every Christmas, and this is such a fun and easy way to dress up a regular container. And who doesn't love something personalized?
ITEMS YOU NEED:

-Gladware container, any size (holiday ones with the red lids are best)
-scrapbook paper, desired embellishments
-mod podge, foam brush
-ribbon

DIRECTIONS:

-Trace the inside of the lid onto a piece of white paper, to make a template. You want it to fit in the center of the lid, not over the raised edges. It may need a little adjusting to get it just right, but I kept placing it in the center of the lid to figure out where I needed to make any changes.

-Trace the template onto scrapbook paper.
-Embellish as desired.
-Using the foam brush, apply the mod podge to the top center of the lid (not the raised edges), then place your paper on top and gently press.
-Apply a top coat of mod podge, and let dry!
-Add your favorite goodies to give as a gift!!



No comments:

Post a Comment